Wednesday, September 9, 2009

From the Backseat

We have been on the road a lot the past few weeks. Here are a few things that we heard in the back . . .

Ava- singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
Elizabeth- no singing please
Ava- still singing
Elizabeth - quiet!
Ava- looks at her and continues
Elizabeth- I no like singing!


Elizabeth takes off her shoe and holds it to her ear
"Hello? Mickey Mouse? This is Lizabif!"

Me- what are you doing back there?
Elizabeth - just picking my nose
Me-thats yucky please stop
Elizabeth - OK Mommy

on our way hone from church
Elizabeth asks Ava to hold her hand in the car, shakes it and say "peace be with you"

Matt- look cows!
Ava- oh yeah!
Matt- did you see them Elizabeth?
Elizabeth - I saw sheep (there were no sheep)

Ava- I'm tired of driving how much longer

Ava- as we just pass the last place to stop "POTTY! I need to go now!!!" or "I need to go potty, but I want to wait to we get home" (home was usually 5 hours away)

Ahh the joys of road trips, the cars are a mess, car seats look worse, but we had a great time visiting with lots of people after two years are near isolation.

No comments: