Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thank You!!!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Once again our March of Dimes Team Elizabeth Grace was a great success. We had about 100 walkers decked out in purple shirts and raised $3400 and counting (last year $1500 was turned in day of, so I am sure our total will go up). Thank you to all of you who donated to our important cause, I surpassed my goal and raised $1156! Rain was a threat in the forecast for a good portion of the week; but the day could not have been more beautiful. There were thousands of people all walking for a common goal-to save babies. The girls both had a great time and I enjoyed seeing so many people we knew- friends, NICU staff, FAB friends, other NICU grads, and of course lots of church friends who were walking on Team Elizabeth Grace. The walk itself took forever mostly due to the long stays at the check-points. We started the walk near the front and ended up at the end!


Ava and Daddy


Marching for Babies- Elizabeth with Grandpa Eldon & Aunt Sarah

A Small Part of the team crossing the "Rainbow Bridge"




Elizabeth's sign along the walk.

Finish Line

2 comments:

coolcapmom said...

Sarah- I have so enjoyed reading your blog. I remember seeing Elizabeth in the NICU and I can't believe she is two already. And what a 2 year old!! I was reading your blog where you mention looking for one story homes and it took me back to when I had the very same thoughts...it sure changes the way you look at your child, doesn't it? We have both been blessed. I think I mentioned this to you, but as I sat in the NICU with my son, I called up Elizabeth's memory as one of the true miracles I had seen. I needed some miracle kids to remember to help dilute all the sad stories I had seen and feared for my little guy. Her story, even though it was different from ours, gave me some hope. So thank you to your sweet Elizabeth- she is an inspiration. Look forward to seeing more of you and your girls!

Kiera said...

ONE DAY we will make it up for the walk. I am so looking forward to it! I'll try to make sure I don't have a wedding that weekend next year. Yaye for Team Elizabeth!