Sunday, July 13, 2008

Singed!

Today was a rotten day.
It all stated at 6:30AM when both girls were up and ready. We decided to get a jump on the day and go to the early service at church. Our church does a cool drive-in church in the summer time for the early service. You pull up in your car and listen to the service on the radio. Unfortunately when it was time to leave the car battery was totally dead. It couldn't be jumped so Matt had to go get a new battery. Luckily there was a car parts place just around the corner and is there a better place to break down than your church parking lot? The girls were able to play on the playground and there were people helping with the jump and to take him to the car place. So we made it home with a brand new battery about 2 hours latter than planned-so much for getting an early start!
The day progressed as any typical day does. . . until dinner. I lite the gas grill for dinner and when I went to check to see if it was hot enough I discover that it blew out. Not thinking I just turned the knob to re-start it. Next thing I know there was a very loud bang and I was screaming! The grill blew up! I am fine. I have a few very minor burns on my face but my eyebrows and eyelashes were singed as well as my hair. I did go to see the doctor just to be safe and I checked out fine. Matt said it was a very loud explosion and a huge fire ball - I am very lucky that nothing serious happened. Since I am fine and only singed Matt admits that the explosion was pretty cool and he had never seen anything like except on TV. I looked just like the dorky kid on all the movies who gets something blown up in his face. My face was smoky and my hair was blown back 80's style. Ava was of course upset and was next to me the whole time I was in the bathroom splashing watter on my face. I am very lucky to have escaped this explosion with such minor injuries - I think I will need to get my hair cut soon though! Not sure what to do about my eye brows and lashes.

3 comments:

Team Rogers said...

I glad to hear that you are okay. The last thing you need is you in the hospital. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Wow... The danger's of propane. What type of self respecting husband who should know all about the subject wouldn't be taking care of the grill or at least educating his wife. The disgrace of Arcanum Propane..... I guess singed ends are even more of a problem than split ends... But look on the bright side you can color on you eyebrows just like all of the old lunch ladies do.. next up tator tots on the grill. We are glad you are alright. What a day. I hope you got to sleep in on Monday..

Kiera said...

Okay...I must admit...after reading Matt's comments I started crying with laughter (only after I found out you were okay) and then John's comments were just the icing on the cake. I heart the Erdmanns.