Monday, April 16, 2007

First Update From Sarah- Elizabeth Grace

Hello all (this is Sarah)
I am home now, I came home about 10pm, tonight (Monday) which was very bittersweet. I am happy to be home, but sad to leave, and all kinds of other emotions that I can't describe.
I know that there are some new people on this list, in all the drama Matt missed some people so, take a deep breath and prepare yourself for a big shock and story!
We have officially change the spelling of her name to Elizabeth Grace (too many people were writing it that way already (we didn't want her telling people "no with an s" all her life!) A minor detail!
Elizabeth, as of 9pm was still doing ok, we can never really say that she is doing well she is so small (her foot is as long as my finger tip) She is slowly showing signs that the honeymoon is coming to an end, but things could be much worse given her "age". So please don't stop those prayers they are truly working! Not many 23 weekers make it thru delivery and she is almost 2 days old!
Thanks to all of you for all the e-mails, calls, prayers, and offers of help. They are truly appreciated, and many people will be taken up on their offers! I have no idea how we are going to manage this all and know that we couldn't with out the support and prayers of all of you. We are grateful for all the people praying for us and Elizabeth, many who we have never met, please don't stop. Miracles happen and have happened this week already! We have truly seen God's "Grace" already.
Physically I feel ok, my body is starting to come out of shock and I am sure I will feel more tomorrow!
I am tired an have to go pump (they will store milk until she is ready for it in a few weeks) so goodnight and thanks again. We will keep you posted on any major developments

-- Matt, Sarah, Ava, and Elizabeth


Elizabeth Grace Day 1

No comments: